Kindred Readers® is a community united by a shared passion: we love great writing. We're here to discover great books and nurture developing writers.
It's that simple.
So our Member Guidelines are pretty simple as well: be responsible, honest and respectful.
In other words,
- Treat others the way you'd like to be treated. (Be civil. Submit your reviews on time. If you can't or don't want to review a book, let us know promptly.)
- Make a solid effort: read the book (not just the other reviews) and give your honest opinion of the work (not the author).
- Assume the best of others.
- If you can help, do.
- Don't spam.
- Don't post information that could compromise your anonymity as a reviewer or your personal safety.
We make decisions about questionable behavior on a case-by-case basis. Like you, we follow the Guidelines and try to assume the best of everyone. Know, however, that the following are not tolerated and may result in expulsion from the network:
- distribution or sale of any book received for review purposes
- submission of an intentionally abusive, offensive or otherwise inappropriate review
- personal attacks, misrepresentations or harassment (including any form of hate speech)
- manipulation or abuse of the site (e.g., signing up with multiple accounts or otherwise attempting to circumvent the integrity of our review system)
- posting content that may put us in legal jeopardy (e.g., material posted in breach of copyright).